Anya is 6 year old daughter of Anand Kannan(a longtime CricBay member), who is fighting against one of the most lethal type of brain cancer there is, called DIPG (Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma). The survival rate is 0%, and the doctors gave her 9-12 months to live. She is fighting bravely and is going strong into her 22nd month since the diagnosis.
We have dedicated the 2016 edition of CricBay Champions Trophy to honor Anya and her brave fight and also to raise awareness about DIPG. Please join us in supporting Anya in her fight at https://www.facebook.com/prayforanya
What started with a good intention, of dedicating this cup to Anya Anand has come to climax now. 107 teams, a modified format that included Round Robin, new PP rules and 289 games in the span of 60 days it has come down to 8 teams standing at the cusp to win the 2016 Anya Anand CricBay Champions Trophy Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze cups. Lot of great performances, team and individual, have led these teams to this stage.
- Upstart Dynamites challenge the juggernaut Challengers to wrest the Platinum Cup
- Equally talented and filled with stars, Daakus and Aryans, contend for the Gold Cup
- One of the newest teams Broncos and one of the earliest teams Birds will contend for the Silver Cup
- Dazzlers will try to repeat their Bronze win from Regular Season and SoupBoyz will surely have something to say about it
If you want to know how close this tournament was - here are some stats from the playoffs
- Three of the semifinals were decided by 1 runs
- Two of them went into last over not knowing who might win
- Few QFs were decided by 1 run or well into the last over