CoRA is responsible for the governance of CricBay games per the Rules outlined in the CricBay Handbook. The handbook can be download by clicking this link
- Define the rules that govern the games played.
- Provide clarity in situations where umpires and the teams involved are unsure of the rule.
- Resolve disputes regarding rules
- Hold teams accountable for delays, deliberate rules misinterpretation, bringing the game under disrepute etc
When to Contact CoRA
- When the umpires/teams are unsure of the rule before or in the middle of the game. It is critical that the rules are applied consistently and if teams/umpires are not absolutely sure - it is recommended that they reach the CoRA contact for the month. Consider CoRA as your safety net if you are not sure. That way you arm yourself with the necessary information before making a decision.
CoRA Contact Rotation
In order to improve the transparency of CoRA decision making process, CoRA started inviting representatives from member teams as a "CoRA Observer" from late October 2011. It was decided that the observer be picked from a team (in alphabetical order) which is not already represented in CoRA. The team who turn it is will appoint an observer. The term of an observer is for two successive months following which a new observer from the next team will identified.
Rights and Responsibilities of the Observer
- The responsibilities and rights of the Observer as determined now shall be: - access to all CoRA e-mails during his tenure - if need be called upon by CoRA to present his observation on any issue to the community.
- The Observer, however, will not have any voting rights on any issue but can comment on the issues.
- The Observer shall not leak any of the e-mails so that decision making process is not influenced . The Observer shall excuse himself if he is close to any party of an issue (which may come up during his tenure) by stating it to other CoRA members, so that there won't be questions raised about compromising an issue. In such a case, he shall be removed from being copied on that particular issue and a new Observer appointed for the same
Please note that this is a relatively new feature and a work in progress which may result in certain rights and responsibili ties of the Observer changing in the future.
Current CoRA Observer: Ronak Shah - Crusaders: Sep-Oct 2013
| Vinod Alluri
||Nov 2011-Jan 2012