Community for Rules and Appeals Committee
CoRA is responsible for the governance of CricBay games per the Rules outlined in the CricBay Handbook. The handbook can be download by clicking this link
- Define the rules that govern the games played.
- Provide clarity in situations where umpires and the teams involved are unsure of the rule.
- Resolve disputes regarding rules
- Hold teams accountable for delays, deliberate rules misinterpretation, bringing the game under disrepute etc
When to Contact CoRA
- When the umpires/teams are unsure of the rule before or in the middle of the game. It is critical that the rules are applied consistently and if teams/umpires are not absolutely sure - it is recommended that they reach the CoRA contact for the month. Consider CoRA as your safety net if you are not sure. That way you arm yourself with the necessary information before making a decision.
CoRA Contact Rotation
In order to improve the transparency of CoRA decision making process, CoRA started inviting representatives from member teams as a "CoRA Observer" from late October 2011. It was decided that the observer be picked from a team (in alphabetical order) which is not already represented in CoRA. The team who turn it is will appoint an observer. The term of an observer is for two successive months following which a new observer from the next team will identified.
Rights and Responsibilities of the Observer
- The responsibilities and rights of the Observer as determined now shall be: - access to all CoRA e-mails during his tenure - if need be called upon by CoRA to present his observation on any issue to the community.
- The Observer, however, will not have any voting rights on any issue but can comment on the issues.
- The Observer shall not leak any of the e-mails so that decision making process is not influenced . The Observer shall excuse himself if he is close to any party of an issue (which may come up during his tenure) by stating it to other CoRA members, so that there won't be questions raised about compromising an issue. In such a case, he shall be removed from being copied on that particular issue and a new Observer appointed for the same
Please note that this is a relatively new feature and a work in progress which may result in certain rights and responsibili ties of the Observer changing in the future.
Current CoRA Observer: Ronak Shah - Crusaders: Sep-Oct 2013
| Vinod Alluri
||Nov 2011-Jan 2012
1 Comment(s) Add Comment
Monis Ansari on 19 May 2009
I am Captain of GSCC Tea, from Group F.
Ours is the worst team, We haven't won any match yet.
I have a very simple request to you guys.
We lost match by 1 RUN.I feel this is all because of Poor or Worst Umpiring Seen till date in Cricbay.
1) we were playing against Chargers & their Home ground is Thornton Jr High School.
For our Match Umpires where from Wisden CC & Mavericks.
If you see, their Home ground is also same.
I felt they favored them alot throughout our game, as they must be knowing them.
Can we have a System, which avoid this type of Umpiring scheduling, so that an Umpiring team & playing teams grounds should not be same.
2) Can we have a separate scorer and two umpires, as in our game, someone was stumped but Umpire was busy in writing the scoresheet & he missed that action. Gave decision in favor of batsman. Thats the reason he gave maybe as he was freindly towards them, because of that he told us this story.
3) Atleast Umiring team Captain should brief them about rules, as in our match, Opponent(Chargers) were cribbing for Wides, umpire from Wisden CC gave called Wide & when they started argument. he called Off that wide.
I feel due to this We lost this match by onE RUN.
I expect some reply from you guys. My email is Monis_MCA99@yahoo.com