We would like to see how many teams would be interested in using reserved ground on a REGULAR basis. As we all all know, making ground reservation mandatory failed (in a poll) a while ago and this is just to see if how many teams would like to use reserved grounds. Just to confirm, it is NOT mandatory to even respond to this post unless your team would like to play in a reserved ground.
We know that there will be lot of questions and not every piece of information is shared. This is just to give you a plan and see how many teams really want reserved grounds and we will discuss more with those teams.
Thanks to Krishnan Iyer and quite a few other who helped him, Cricbay has now access to 11 (likely to go up) reserved grounds every weekend.
1. Most grounds will be in East Bay. There might be new additions in future, depending on interest from teams.
2. There are lot of teams which are already using reserved grounds and will continue to do so, We would still prefer you to respond to this post.
3. Until we have an automated software in the site to allot the ground
- Everyone who signs up will email (latest by Tuesday) indicating their need for the ground and day of the weekend.
- Krishnan or one of the ground reservation volunteers (we will have to find some people to do this) will respond with 24 hours allotting all the grounds. Hence it is very important that every team sends their requests as early as possible.
- We will ensure we will not have more teams than the number of grounds available at any weekend.
4. If at any time, some other team which is NOT part of pool of teams that ask for reserve grounds, we will allot a ground to them if one is available. The pricing for this scenario will be decided soon.
5. Every attempt will be made to allot you the ground of your choice, but there might be times when you will have to play in another reserved ground that was not your first choice.
6. If a team find a new ground and can reserve it but wants it to be part of reservation pool, we will be glad take care of it.
More details and specifics will be discussed once we have list of teams who are interested.
Now the important parts
1. Every team who signs up for the deal will divide the costs EQUALLY. There can be no exceptions to this rule if we want to have an efficient system. This will also lower the overall cost as the number of teams increase.
2. Every team who would like reserved grounds will sign up for a minimum of 6 months. It is impossible to track if teams selectively decide when they want reserved grounds an when they don’t.
3. Every team who will be part of the pool will put in a deposit (amount to be determined soon) UPFRONT. The previously used "pay as you play" system will not be used going forward. You pay a certain amount in advance and then every tournament or every 6 months, we will do the final math and see who owes whom and how much.
4. The cost is expected to go up whenever cities/school districts decide to increase the reservation rates.
5. The estimate of cost per team per year is hard to do until we have a good idea about how many teams are interested and how many grounds we need. We expect it to be roughly around 175-250 dollars per year per team. That includes being able to play every weekend of the year (including regular games, ranking games , practice games etc.)
What you need to do: Just send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line (“Cricbay Ground Reservation 2012) with the following information:
Team name, Contact Name, Email Id and Phone number. only one contact per team will suffice thought you can add a backup contact as well. We will prefer to hear from the Team management (Captain, Vice Captain or Manager), or in their absence, a designated team representative. Please send the information on or before Wednesday Feb. 22, 2012.
If you have any questions or comments, please do not post reply to this article, please send your queries/comments/suggestions/concerns to the above mentioned e-mail contacts.