Arvind Sridhar (Avengers or Eagles/Aptech CC for the old timers) scored 2000 runs in 128 innings (129 games). and became the second cricbay batsman to get there after that stalwart Prashant Salgaocar (Mavericks) who currently has 2160 odd runs in 137 games.
- Arvind has hit 4 50s and the highest was his astonishing 85 when he went to bat after 7-8 overs.. and these were the days without Power plays.
- He averages over 19.3 runs a game.. there are not many who do that while scoring a truckload of runs.
|1 & 2||26||26||2||430|| 70.12 ||65||17.92||2||13||19|
|3||6||6||1||34|| 50 ||12||6.8||-||-||1|
|4||55||55||13||832|| 75.87 ||50||19.81||1||27||22|
|5||24||24||5||393|| 83.55 ||41||20.68||-||13||7|
|6||15||15||4||274|| 93.52 ||85||24.91||1||11||13|
|7||2||1||0||5|| 45.45 ||5||5||-||-||-|
- He has been not out 25 times and if anyone thinks thatís the reason he has a higher average, hereís the news.. he was not out 13 times while batting at number 4 (two down) and scored 800 odd runs (hitting 27 sixes and 22 4s)... The lowest he has ever batted is at number 7 and he has scored a grand total of 5 runs at that position. It seems like he stayed not out because either no o≠ne could get him out or he just didnít want to get out for some reason. Even if you include his Not outs as outs and he still averages around 16 a game :-)
- Arvind also likes to clear the boundaries. He currently has 64 sixes to his name and leads the pack of a few scary six hitters. Incidentally, He has hit 67 4s as well. So, the man does like to run well between the wickets which o≠nly adds to the things o≠ne needs to worry as an opposition captain.
- Arvind is an under rated alrounder (to oppositionís peril of course). He has bowled over 200 overs, taken 72 wickets at an economy of under 3.5. He is generous with extra though.. ľ of runs he gave away are extras.
- And when I say allrounder, i really mean it. He is o≠ne of the best fielders going around in our leagues. He has 128 dismissals (catches and runouts) o≠nly Nisarg Shah of Absolute XI and Niloy Sen (Maharajas) have more. That man Nisarg is the o≠nly o≠ne with 150+ dismissals as a fielder (168).
-With 27 Man of the Match awards, (Only Dilip Patel has more MOMs with 28), he has proven he is o≠ne of the biggest match winners we have.
Hereís what some of the fellow cricbayers had to say about him (and I quote).
"Arvind Sridhar a.k.a Sixer Sridhar : o≠ne of the best hitters i have ever seen in cricbay. I personally would prefer to play him o≠n a 360 since i have more chances of finding the ball than losing it in a diamond. He's also an excellent outfielder who's taken some great catches in boundary and bowls relatively well. Overall a celebrity batsman where bowlers would love to bowl to him in practice and not prefer to bowl during games. Great achievement. You can actually start batting right handed and score the next 2000 runs" - Navaneeth Annadorai
"One of the most destructive batsman we have in the league.. He gave us a memorable match in the Champions trophy last year and lived up to our expectation (and some).. o≠ne lesson I learned - the margin of error is extremely small, when bowling to him. The best instance I witnessed is during a 10 over tournament game he played for Challengers last year.. Due to some miscommunication, he thought it was a 5 overs/side game and just went BERSERK !! Average lit light, uneven pitch, length, pace, spin - all didn't matter and he ended up scoring 40 plus runs before he figured it was a 10 over per team." - Vishnu Selvaraj (Challengers)
Vinod Vijayan, who has played a LOT of games alongside Arvind as a teammate and Captain
ďHe is someone who can get into any team based o≠n his batting/bowling/fielding prowess. Most of the folks talk about his batting, but he is a really good bowler and an amazing fielder. He hasn't bowled that frequently partly due to his shoulder injury and in part due to the number of bowlers we have in our team.
He can hit 6's at will. I have played against a lot of good players, but he is someone who can clear the field well. His mishits go for 6's and if he hits a ball, they stay hit.
Off the 128 matches that he has played, I would say he would have played close to 100 games in a baseball ground. Wonder how much more runs he would have scored if he had played regularly in a 360 deg ground. I still remember the innings where he scored around 85 odd runs in less than 30 balls (this was played o≠n a 360 degree ground). I just hope that he gets to play more games in a 360 deg ground so that we can see more such innings.
I can't pick o≠ne memorable moment or two. He has won many a games single handedly, so, we have lost track of that o≠ne moment :)Ē - Vinod Vijayan
"If there is anyone who can hit humongous sixes at will, even off good deliveries, it's Arvind. The guy is a monster. 85 runs off 30 deliveries in tennis ball cricket. You have got to be kidding me!" - Ashwin Kolhe (WCW)
Congratulations Arvind, you are o≠ne of the super stars. Someone who makes a whole league look great just by being there and playing wonderful cricket. A good teammate and a fun person to be around. You are emotional about your game, you want to win and also can show respect for good players and are a humble person. It is our pleasure to play cricket with you..Looking forward to many more years of cricket from you.
He has hit 20+ runs in a game 42 times.. 16 games where he has scored at least 30 runs. At least 10 runs a game ? 72 rimes out of the 128 innings he has played. In my humble opinion, Arvind Sridhar is the best batsman we have in cricbay by a distance. It is scary what more he can do if he actually tries to stay at the crease longer and becomes a bit selfish.
Last heard, he thinks itís all due to his bat and he has nothing to do with these numbers :-)
1. As of today, cricbay has had 4274 batsmen who have hit at least o≠ne six. (almost 3300 of them have hit o≠nly o≠nE six :-)
2. Sunny singh (Infinity) who is number 2 in six hitting monsters list, has hit 49 sixes in 42 games!!! No o≠ne who has hit more than 20 sixes has that kind of over 1 six a game average. He has hit 6 in o≠ne single game. If you think thatís bad enough, Chirag Jobanputra (Seamers) and Aleem Mohammed (Arslan) have 8 in o≠ne single game.. there are a few who have hit 7 in a game. No, sunny bhai, I am NOT giving you ideas/challenges.
- At least 4 sixes in a single game - SIX times
- At least 3 sixes in a game - NINE times
- At least 2 sixes in a game - SIXTEEN times.
I have seen him in practice games and also during our thursday practice sessions and he doesnít believe in hitting just long enough.. Those are all out of the park kind of sixes. His mis hits go for darn sixes.
If anyone thinks he is a hit or miss kind of a guy.. hereís the bad news..
655 runs in 39 innings with an average of 19.85.. 28 4s and 59 6s.. Folks, 466 runs in boundaries (71%)... If anything, he doesnít like to run much.. Did I mention his strike rate of 113 (thatís average strike rate). If this doesnít give an opposition sleepless nights, I donít know what does :-)
3. Look at the top 20 run getters of cricbay and Parshu Kulkarni (Nemesis) is the o≠nly o≠ne who hasnít played 100 games.. heck, he hasnít played even 90 as of todayís statistics :-) Incredible.
4. Dilip Patel (Spartans) and Ravi Satrawada (Syndicate CC) will join the 200 wicket club any time now. Dilip is o≠n 199 and he already has Badal Chatbar from his team for company. If anyone wants to know how o≠n earth do Spartans manage to keep winning so many games, hereís o≠ne: Badal, Dilip, and Anal all fature in the Top 10 list of highest wicket takers. Add Jaymin Vihol and you have 4 in the top 13. Between these 4, they have taken over 750 wickets. Those are some crazy numbers...
5. Another round of congratulation to Ravi Satrawada.. He became the 4th bowler to bowl over 500 overs in Cricbay.
The most amazing thing (if there is such a thing) in these crazy numbers is the extras by the first two in the list. They bowl an extra practically o≠nce every 5 overs and thatís it!! I am pretty sure some of us will be pretty surprised by some of these monumental stats. O≠nly Mohammad Aamer (Friends XI) has numbers to similar to this and he is up there in the number of overs bowled and number of wickets taken as well.
Manju Raja (Dynamites) and Jaymin Vihol (Spartans) currently hold the record for most number of Maiden overs bowled (59 overs). Jayesh Patil (Challengers) has 57 (It will be a book if we start writing about him) and no o≠ne else is even close after that.
Arun Gudipati (Avengers), Anal Shah (Spartans), Don (Hawkes) and Srini Reddy (Seamers) will be next in line to get to the 500 overs club.
There are 23 bowlers who have bowled at least 400 overs in cricbay. wow...
6. Congratulations to Rohit Chakravarthy (Challengers).. the first batsman to hit 100 4s. For good measure, he has also hit 39 sixes. He has hit 76 of them 4s and 30 6s as an opener. He has hit 9 in o≠ne single game. o≠nly Bala R (Chargers) has hit more in o≠ne game.. he whacked 11 in o≠ne game. Mercy mercy anyone? :) Rohit has hit at least 5 fours 3 times, and at least two 4s 27 times.
As long as these big hits donít come against my team, keep hitting them big o≠nes my man :-)
7. Congratulations to Dhruvin Shah (Terminators and My favorite fielder in cricbay).. he got his 50th Runout and is the 3rd o≠ne in the list of fielders who have affected most run outs. Niloy Sen leads that list with 60 followed by Prashant Shah (Knights) who has 55. Dhruvin also has 60 catches, 131 wickets (Excellent Economy of 3.18), and 974 runs (at 11.33). He is not too far away from joining Nagesh Tagarthi (Champs) who has the amazing triple (1000 runs, 100 wickets and 100 fielding/keeping dismissals). You have done very very well so far bud, keep it going and make us proud :)
8. 60 batsmen have scored at least 100 runs already this season and at least a dozen are ten runs away from getting there. Chirag still leads the pack.. but Dilip Patel and sasanka (Bay area titans) are fast catching up. Most teams have played at least 10 games already and we have had 25 batsmen who have scored 50s. No o≠ne has managed to come close to Saravanan Chidambaramís amazing 89 yet. We have had 59 instances of batsmen scoring 40+ runs. I donít have all the data, but this has not been a bad season for batsmen.
9. That doesnít mean bowlers have done all that bad. 23 instances of Bowlers taking at least 5 wickets in a game and 125 instances of bowlers taking at least 4 wickets in a game.The best bowling figures for the season is from Deepak Singh (i11) 4-2-7-6.. There are others with 6 wickets as well but Nagesh Tagarthiís 4-1-3-5 is equally amazing in my book. The most popular o≠ne is 4-0-6-5.. 5 bowlers have done it already this season.
My personal opinion is that a bowler taking 5 wickets in a 4 over spell is a few orders of magnitudes better than a batsman hitting a 50 in a 20 over game (Unless scores a 50 in less than 24 balls... may be).
10. Lots of bowlers have bowled with an economy of less than 3 this season (56 of them)... But for anyone who has bowled at least 30 overs (reasonable considering most teams have had 10 games), Jayesh Patil (Challengers 2.42) stand tall with Darbar Basha (Top Guns 2.44). Deepak Singh is slightly better but has bowled just about 20 overs.
-by Sheshu Shenoy on 13 June 2012
Arun Gudipati on 13 June 2012|
Who doesn't want to see Arvind get on the pitch and unleash the offensive on the opponents?
No doubt we all enjoy watching Arvind bat and how effortlessly he manages to score those big ones but that is not onLY why we (Avengers) like to see him in the middle.
When he is in the dugout (or wherever else we are camped), he is such a pressure cooker. Just standing next to him will get your blood pressure up, doesnít matter if we are in a winning situation or not.
He probably wonders why the batsman canít play a particular shot for a given ball. When the batsman gets out and walks back, we usually say things like Well played, hard-luck dude, not your day etc but 9 out of 10 times Arvind would ask ďhow can you get out to such a ball?Ē
But he amazingly transforms into this cool-as-a-cucumber kinda guy when he goes in to bat. Rarely, have I seen him get out to a poor shot; he watches the ball till it meets the blade and off it goes.
Arvind, you truly are a STAR and your talent and consistency is an inspiration to all of us. Iím not even going go into your bowling and fielding abilities; Cricbay site admins may ban me for the huge MBs /GBs of data J
So Arvind, Keep amassing those runsÖgetting those wicketsÖtaking those catches and making those runouts