Tournament Dates: 29th Sept 2012 to Feb 2013
Registration Closed on 22nd Sept 2012
Click Here to sign the insurance waiver. This is mandatory for every player in CricBay.
- The tournament format will be regular 20-20 overs format. The guiding principle Cricbay follows is that all teams have an opportunity to play almost equal number of games during the tournament.
- Grouping - Similar format as last year. only one round of round robin. (no second round)
- Playoff format Bracket formation. The home team during the playoffs continues to be based on the brackets & not on Pts/DRR.
- Power play rules similar to Regular Season format
- Rankings will be based solely on the Regular Season 2012
- Final number of groups for round robin will be finalized once we have the exact number of participating teams
- Playoff ranking/group (P/G/S/B) definition method will be finalized once the round robin groups are defined.
$125 for new teams registering for the fall open. The registration fee includes the cost of the balls.
New teams already participating in Champions league that did not pay for Fall open will be required to pay $75
The 72 Teams who played the regular season are not required to pay any fees. If these teams need any cricket balls, please contact webmaster@cricbay or 408 891 8860.
Teams with umpiring/scorecard penalties from regular season or Champions League have to pay the penalties before registration. **
Trophies will be awarded to Winners and Runners Up of the tournament for Platinum/Gold/Silver/Bronze Category.
There will also be awards for the following individual categories: MVP, Best Batsman, Best Bowler, Best Fielder, Best Keeper
only Quarter Finals, Semifinals and Finals games will have MOM trophies.
No group championship trophies for Fall Open (same as last year)
Hard tennis balls of Nivia make provided by Cricbay are used during Fall Open(With the imprint of the 2012 ball sponsor Swathi Tiffins or the ball vendor CricExpo).
- Each registering team should have a home ground and is responsible to set up the pitch and boundaries for the game scheduled at its home ground. The home team needs to carry one pair of stumps, pair of bails and 8 cones.
- Cricbay will do its very best to assign all teams equal number of umpiring assignments. Maximum number of umpiring assignments would be equal to or less than the number of games a team would play.
- Missed umpiring assignments would carry strict penalties which will be carried to the next tournament.
- CricBay encourages teams to play all scheduled games on reserved grounds. If a team do not have a reserved ground and want to be part of CricBay ground reservation pool, please contact "email@example.com"
Steps to Register:
Existing Teams: Click Here and confirm your Fall Open 2012 participation.
New Teams: Register on the Website: If your team is not listed on cricbay.com (Click Here for the list of teams currently registered on www.cricbay.com), please email webmaster with the following information:
- Team Name:
- Home Ground Name:
- Home Ground Address:
- Manager Name:
- Captain Name:
- Vice Captain Name:
- Preferred Day: Saturday/Sunday/Either Saturday or Sunday(when the schedule for any CricBay tournament is announced, the home team decides the day of the game and by default, if your team is the home team the day will be set to this day)
You can also send the information to the webmaster through a private message. Click Here to send a private message to the webmaster.
Email CoLA(at)cricbay.com with your team name for acceptance confirmation. CoLA reserves the rights for accepting new team registrations. Mail the registration fees only after CoLA confirms that your team is cleared to participate in the tournament.
Pay the Registration Fee:
** Strict penalties if a team forfeits a game during the round robin stage or misses an umpiring assignment (penalties would be published in the communication document).
**There is no penalty for forfeit in the knock out round, but the penalty for forfeit in the round robin stage is: loss of 1 point and -0.5 DRR.
***The number of games will be based on the total number of teams registering. For example, last year, 70 teams participated and each team played a minimum of 9 games.
Please direct your queries to CoLA-at-cricbay.com
Disclaimer: CricBay reserves the rights to accept registrations. CricBay game Rules apply. By registering with CricBay you agree to abide by the CricBay Terms & Conditions.
-by Sunil Shenoy [w] on 12 September 2012