CricBay is the largest cricket league that there is. Generally anyone is allowed to register a team by submitting a Team Registration Application. But given the size of the league (over 109 teams), CricBay leadership team will reserve the right to accept (or not) any team that submits an application. The decision can be based on a variety of factors
- Availability of grounds
- Capability of the volunteer team to support additional teams
- Schedule and timing (Note: New teams are accepted only before a new tournament is started)
Besides these qualification criterion, teams will have to provide additional points of proof to help in the decision to accept a team.
- # of active players they have in their roster to meet the obligations of a team (playing XI) - Minimum 13 players expected
- Ability to pay fees
- Approximately $500 in registration fees and $1000 in ground fees for full season (Note: the CoLA volunteer working with you will tell you the exact amount)
- Payment of penalties incurred
- Full Payment in Advance for Registration.
- Ground Pool Payments paid in two installments (this might change to one-time full payment in future)
- NOTE: If you are registering a team mid-way through the season then your fees will be pro-rated accordingly.
- Each Player required to sign the Indemnity Waiver to be eligible to play in the league - Mandatory
How to Register a New Team
The person submitting the registration application should already be registered as a player. If not register please register following the Player Registration Help guide
- Login to the website with your player credentials
- On the Home Page on the left side menu (icon palette) you will see an icon -
- Click on that icon and Submit the Registration Application.
As part of the registration application, please provide the following MANDATORY information
- Team Name
- City you are based in
- Name, Email Address, Telephone # of the Captain
- Name, Email Address, Telephone # of the Vice-Captain
- Name, Email Address, Telephone # of the Team Manager
- Once you submit your application, it will be assigned to one of the CoLA Volunteers and they will get in touch with you to confirm and clarify your application. After that the CoLA team internally review the application and makes a decision whether to accept the team or not.
- Once accepted, you will be notified through the updates to your application you submitted.
- You will also be notified about the Payment Request that will come your way along with a deadline for the payment. Please don't wait till the deadline to make the payments. The sooner you make the payments the sooner you will get started.
- As part of your registration you will also get your quota of CricBay labeled tennis ball packets. Note: All CricBay games MUST be played using CricBay branded balls to ensure consistency.
Need to Know
As a new team you are advised to go through the following material to familiarize yourself with CricBay rules and processes
- CricBay Handbook - all you need to know about Rules and Governance
- New Team Helper Guide about the needs of a team, your obligations to CricBay and fellow teams
- Player Registration Guide - no registration, no playing. Ask the player if they have already played in CricBay. If they have they should have an account already.
- Signing Waivers - Signing Waiver is a Mandatory requirement for all players in CricBay
- Have some players in other teams who will join your new team? Here is how to Switch Teams
- SupportDesk - Log a ticket for any issues you face (eg. Account Issues for any website account issues, CoRA-Query for CoRA questions, COLA-Query for CoLA questions)
- Join our Facebook Group - http://www.facebook.com/groups/cricbay to interact with fellow community members, and to be front and center to lot of announcements, discussions around rule clarifications, logistics, How-Tos, What-Ifs happen being shared there. Who knows you might find your next teammate there too.