- Jan 14th weekend will have no games (the ground costs will be split among all the teams.)
- No buffer weekends, As of this weekend, the Round Robin games will be deemed completed for all teams. All abandoned games will be considered abandoned and the teams will split points.
- Playoffs will start from Jan 21st and this enables us to host the Final on Feb 18th.
As we have notified earlier that we will have 2 buffer weekends for abandoned matches and with current weekend getting washed out due to rain (very high chances of next week also getting washed out due to rain), we now have 143 abandoned games. It is not possible to schedule them over two weekends due to shortage of grounds and other logistics as a lot of teams have 3-4 abandoned games. (There are some of teams with 5). It will take at least 4 weekends to reschedule all the matches and make it fair to all teams. Also, given the current weather situation, there is no guarantee that the buffer weekends will not be affected by rain. Considering all these scenarios and the overall timeline that volunteers have put forward for the tournament to be finished in timely manner, we have decided the following,
Jan 14th weekend will have no games (the ground costs will be split among all the teams.)
No buffer weekends, As of this weekend, the Round Robin games will be deemed completed for all teams. All abandoned games will be considered abandoned and the teams will split points.
Playoff will start from Jan 21st and this enables us to host the Final on Feb 18th.
We have tried all likely scenarios of having one, two, three buffer weekends and the very high likelihood of Jan 14th as washed out weekend, each one of the scenarios will result in some sort of problems. Below are the three scenarios considered,
- One buffer weekend (Jan 21st): There is no fair way to decide which matches to be re-scheduled and which one to let go.
- Two buffer weekends (Jan 21st and Jan 28th): We may be able to schedule 80-90 matches, which will still leave us with 50-60 games abandoned. Since we have 3 abandoned weekends (31st Oct, 10th Dec and 7th Jan), there is no easy and fair way to re-schedule the matches that will satisfy everyone. Also if we use Jan 21st and 28th as buffer weekends, it will push out the finals to March 4thand this will have an impact on the regular season 2017.
- Three buffer weekends (Jan 21st , 28th, Feb 4th ): We can potentially schedule 120-130 matches and still some teams will end up having one abandoned match. This may sound the most viable solution in terms of playing majority of the abandoned games, this will put tremendous pressure in terms of the RS2017 schedule as it pushes out the FO finals to March 11th which should technically be the second weekend of RR1 from RS2017.
In all three scenarios above, there is also the likelihood that these buffer weekends can also get washed out. Considering all these, CoLA has decided that it is best to move on with the tournament without any buffer weekends. RR2 will start from Jan 21st . Here is the tentative schedule for RR2.
|Jan 21st||Jan 28th||Feb 4th||Feb 11th||Feb 18th|
|All teams in contentions
- If either of Jan 21st or 28th weekend gets abandoned due to rain, we will move all the matches to next week and move the final by 1 weekend i.e Feb 24th.
- If more than one weekend gets washed out then higher ranked teams move forward.
- Please note all teams will be re-ranked after each round of play offs.
- If Quarters (Feb 4th) get affected due to rain, we will try to schedule quarters and semis on one weekend. (Quarter-finals on Saturday and Semi-finals on Sunday).
- If semis weekend get affected and we don’t have two finalists, then there will be no winner.
- P.S: This decision from CoLA is final and we appreciate the understanding and co-operation from all teams.