Help:New Player Registration

You have just moved to the San Francisco Bay Area or just found out about CricBay and want to join in. You are at the right place.

Did you know CricBay is the largest cricket league around? You can read more in the About Us page.

This article will help you join CricBay and start participating in games quickly. Read through the steps below and you should be ready to get going once you finish all the steps

Things to keep in Mind

  1. At this time, we only approve accounts for players who intend to actively play in the league. We cannot support accounts for friends/family of players.
  2. If you have already played in CricBay in the past, you already have an account in the system. If so PLEASE DO NOT CREATE ANOTHER ACCOUNT. Just login to the existing one and request a team transfer. If you don't remember the password go to the Login page and reset the password.
  3. To keep the system clean and manageable we periodically remove inactive accounts. If you register and in ONE MONTH from the date of your registration you have not joined a team and played a game, your account will be removed from the system.
  4. If you follow this process diligently, the approvals will be fast. Note: 95% of the approvals happen within the hour of submission and the rest 5% happen within 2-3 hours.

Your Registration Application will be rejected if

  1. If your registration does not include a valid personal Social Identity URL on Facebook or LinkedIN
  2. Your social identity profile does not show a location displayed in San Francisco Bay Area
  3. If the location is not visible to someone who is not your friend as CricBay Admins have no way of seeing it and verifying it.
  4. If you are registering assuming you could get access to the community to promote your business etc .This is a community purely for those who will actively play cricket.
  5. If your registration is rejected, the reason for rejection will be clarified in the notification and you will be asked to remedy that issue and re-register. We don't retain the rejected registrations as they might accumulate over time as stale data due to the sheer number of people who register in CricBay. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Step 1: Register your account

If you look at the left menu on the home page, under Shortcuts you will see Register as a Member. (see Figure 1) Go ahead and fill up the form. You will get an email and your account will be setup once admins approve it.

Step 2: Submit all the information

Register your account and provide all the required details. A Proof of Identify is Mandatory for us to verify you are who you say you are.

So please provide your LinkedIn Public Profile URL or Facebook Profile URL as way to verify your identity.

NOTE: For us to verify your identity your identity should clearly show you are from San Francisco Bay Area. Make sure you allow location to be visible to non-friends

Also please take time to read the Terms of Use and Privacy Notice

Step 3: Verify and Confirm

Once you submit the registration you will receive a verification notification on the email you provided.

Clicking the link in the email you will verify and confirm the registration.

Note: If you don't see the email in the inbox please do check in your SPAM folder. 

After you have verified the registration, the request will land in the queue of CricBay administrators to approve. One of the CricBay administrators will review and verify your information and approve your account.

Step 4: Approval or Rejection

If your application is approved you will receive a notification confirming the approval. After that you are in. You can find a team and join them.

NOTE:If your registration is rejected you will be required to provide some additional information to clarify any questions that administrators might have.

Step 5: Update Additional Profile Information

Upon approval, login to your profile, enter your details about your location, batting, bowling, fielding positions and we also recommend you fill up the Social Profiles as well.


Step 6: Join a Team

Follow the instructions outlined here and join a team


Step 7: Sign the Waiver

As explained in this guide Sign the Waiver